Courses for the 2018-19 Referee Education Year are now open
The purpose of the U.S. Soccer Grade 8 Referee Course is to prepare officials for the competitive youth game. Based on the level of training provided, U.S. Soccer recommends that these officials be assigned accordingly to best serve the game.
In Colorado the Referee Course consists of three parts: online US Soccer modules, field session, and Colorado completion modules. Future referees must complete all three sections in order to successfully pass the course and be registered with U.S. Soccer.
THIS COURSE IS FOR PARTICIPANTS 14 YEARS & OLDER
Cost for this course is $90. Of this, $50 for all three course sections and $40 for first year registration with US Soccer Federation. Course fees are not refundable but may be transferred to a different course within the educational year. Course fees are paid when you register for the first online session.
ALL COURSEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 DAYS
COURSEWORK IS EQUIVALENT TO 18 HOURS OF CLASSROOM TIME. Please plan accordingly!
Every NEW Grade 8 Referee in Colorado must do the following:
- Completion of the US Soccer Grade 8 referee course (17 laws of the game and 1 concussion awareness video module)
- Completion of the Colorado Registration and Learning Management course modules, including the US Soccer Grade 8 Referee Test
- Attend and complete a Grade 8 Referee Field session (5 hours)
Grade 8 Referee Course Instructions (typical path):
Part 1 – online course
- Navigate to CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
- CLICK Sign UP For A Course on the left side menu
- Choose Grade 8 Referee Course
- Complete the registration for any session that has less than 30 registered and pay the course fees.
- When prompted, load the session tracker
- Follow the instructions carefully
- Make notes from session 1 so you know exactly how to do session 3 – US Soccer Grade 8 Referee course modules
- Do the US Soccer modules and send a copy of the pdf completion certificate for each one to RefEducation@ColoradoReferees.com
- THE LEARNING MODULES WILL NOT LET YOU ADVANCE TO SESSION 4 UNLESS YOU HAVE SENT THE PDF CERTIFICATES OR THE COMPLETION CONFIRMATION EMAILS YOU RECEIVE TO REFEDUCATION@COLORADOREFEREES.COM
- When those are complete, return to the learning modules to complete the course, including Colorado specific section and take the test.
- Once your certificates have been confirmed you will receive an email confirming you can continue the course. Then you need to go back to CoReferees.GameOfficials.net to finish the online class.
a.Log into CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
b.Click on Confirmed Reg
c.Select your course number
d.When Load Session Tracker appears in the middle of your screen, click it to continue with your course.
Part 2 – On the field training session
- In CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
- Select Courses from the left side menu
- Choose Referee Courses
- Pick any Grade 8 On The Field training session that works in your schedule and register for it.
The field session is active participation. You are receiving "on the job training". You will be shadowing working referees and assistant referees. Plan accordingly to participate in the game experience to best prepare you for working games.
If you have not purchased your referee uniform before this session, wear comfortable clothing, athletic shoes. Bring water and snacks for the day.
You may take the on field session while working on the online courses if that is best for your schedule. No one is registered until they have completed both portions of the course.
If you have any problems, questions or issues, please email RefEducation@ColoradoReferees.com for the most prompt and thorough response.
Participants will be registered with U.S. Soccer and eligible to referee only after completion of all course sections. Your badge will be mailed to you within one week of completing the final online section of the course and your registration being confirmed with US Soccer.