Courses for the 2018-19 Referee Education Year are now Open
The purpose of the U.S. Soccer Grade 9 Recreational Referee Course is to prepare officials for the recreational and small-sided youth game. Based on the level of training provided, U.S. Soccer recommends that these officials be assigned accordingly to best serve the game.
Upon completion of the US Soccer Grade 9 Recreational Referee Course, New Colorado Grade 9 referees will be assigned as the CENTER REFEREE on small-sided (7v7, 9v9) recreational and lower-level competitive games.
In Colorado the Recreational Referee Course consists of on-line course modules, a 5 hour field session and the recreational referee test. Future referees must complete the on-line modules and pass the test in order to successfully pass the course and be registered with U.S. Soccer.
THIS COURSE IS FOR PARTICIPANTS 13 YEARS & OLDER
Total cost of the course is $65 - $25 is for the online training and $40 is for first year registration with US Soccer Federation. Course fees are not refundable.
ALL COURSEWORK MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF INITIAL REGISTRATION
USSF Grade 9 Recreational Referee course instructions
Part 1 – online course
- Navigate to CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
- CLICK Sign UP For A Course on the left side menu
- Choose Grade 9 Recreational Referee Course
- Complete the registration for any session that has less than 30 registered and pay the course fees.
- When prompted, load the session tracker
- Follow the instructions carefully
- Make notes from session 1 so you know exactly how to do session 3 – US Soccer Grade 9 Referee course modules
- Do the US Soccer modules and send a copy of the pdf completion certificate for each one to RefEducation@ColoradoReferees.com
- THE LEARNING MODULES WILL NOT LET YOU ADVANCE TO SESSION 4 UNLESS YOU HAVE SENT THE PDF CERTIFICATES OR THE COMPLETION CONFIRMATION EMAILS YOU RECEIVE TO REFEDUCATION@COLORADOREFEREES.COM
- When those are complete, return to the learning modules to complete the course, including Colorado specific section and take the test.
THE LEARNING MODULES WILL NOT LET YOU ADVANCE TO SESSION 4 UNLESS YOU HAVE SENT THE PDF CERTIFICATES OR THE COMPLETION CONFIRMATION EMAILS TO REFEDUCATION@COLORADOREFEREES.COM
Once your certificates have been confirmed you will receive an email confirming you can continue the course. Then you need to go back to CoReferees.GameOfficials.net to finish the online class.
a.Log into CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
b.Click on Confirmed Reg
c.Select your course number
d.When Load Session Tracker appears in the middle of your screen, click it to continue with your course.
Part 2 – On the field training session
- In CoReferees.GameOfficials.net
- Select Courses from the left side menu
- Choose Referee Courses
- Pick any Grade 8 and Grade 9 On The Field training session that works in your schedule and register for it.
You may take the on field session while working on the online courses if that is best for your schedule. No one is registered until they have completed both portions of the course.
If you have any problems, questions or issues, please email RefEducation@ColoradoReferees.com for the most prompt and thorough response.
You will receive an email confirmation after completion of all steps and when your registration is confirmed with US Soccer.
Participants will be registered with U.S. Soccer and eligible to referee after completion of all course work. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend a field session and Referee Continuing Education (RCE) events.
You will receive a badge in the mail in approximately 7-10 days and a US Soccer registration card in 6 to 8 weeks. Your name will be added to the approved referee list and you may contact assignors to begin working games upon receipt of your confirmation email.
Participants between the ages of 13 and 14 must register as Grade 9 referees. If you are a currently registered grade 9 recreational referee and age 14 you may register for the Colorado "bridge" course to advance to U.S. Soccer Referee (Grade 8)